CBU 3 MUN 2
Sydney, NS- The goals came early and often in CBU's 3-2 win over Memorial on Saturday afternoon. MUN's Tyler Forsey earned the first goal of the game for Memorial at the 10' mark. The CAPERS speedy Cory Bent answered less than a minute later to tie the contest. Just 2 minutes later Fomba Fambulleh put the visitors ahead again. 5 minutes later, CAPERS captain Stuart Heath tied it again. Then 4 minutes later Marcus Campanile put the home side up 3-2 on a penalty. The two sides then settled into a more conservative approach the rest of the way with the CAPERS holding on for the win.
MUN was awarded a penalty shot in the 91st minute as the CAPER defender took down the attacking player in the box. SeaHawk veteran Justin Forsey's shot sailed over the top of the bar and the game ended.
- Rookie CAPER Charlie Waters led the way with 2 points
- 5 different players had 1 goal each. CAPERS Bent, Heath & Campanile. SeaHawks Forsey & Fambulleh
- Waters led in assists with 2
- Water also led the game with 5 shots (3 SOG)
- Seahawk Keeper Braedan Sheppard led in saves with 6
News & Notes
The CAPERS moved to 4-0-1
The Memorial fall 3-2-0
There were 4 yellow cards in the match CBU is now tied with St.Fx for 1st place
Subway Player of the Game goes to Charlie Waters
CBU will take on St. Francis, X-Women at St. Francis University @7pm, Friday, Sept.29th