Sydney, NS – 2nd Year player Marcus Campanile (Edinburgh, SCO) scored the lone goal in a deceiving 1-0 scoreline. Cory Bent (Preston, UK) earned the helper on the goal as the CAPERS moved to 2-0-1 on the season. The CAPERS fired 20 shots at the Moncton goal and controlled play for long stretches of the game. Goalkeeper Ben Jackson (Bury, UK) had a relatively easy day on the pitch, turning aside 2 shots for the clean sheet. Moncton keeper was busy most of the game and made 14 saves in the loss.
Campanile scored in the 37' minute to put the CAPERS ahead and Moncton didn't threaten with must offense from that point on.
- 2rd-Year CAPERS, Campanile and Bent each had 1 point
- Campanile scored the lone goal
- Bent drew the only assist on the day
- Campanile also led the game with 5 shots (3 on goal)
- Aigles de Bleu's Leblanc led in saves with 14
News & Notes
- The CAPERS moved to 2-0-1 to start the season.
- There were 6 yellow cards in the match (3 by each team.
- CAPERS All-Star and All-Canadian Joel Eckert-Ayensa sat out the game with a leg injury.
- Keeper Ben Jackson has played every minute in the young season.
CBU will next host the Acadia Axewomen in a special Friday night game. Sept. 22nd at 7 pm.